- Write something. Doesn’t matter what it is. Just get at least a word on the page.
- Finish it all the way through, and don’t worry about the quality. First drafts are always shit.
- Leave it alone for at least a day.
- Read it again, as if it were for the first time.
- Share it with someone whose opinion matters.
- Share it with someone whose opinion doesn’t matter. You never know. They might have something to say, too.
- Edit all the points of interest.
- Leave it alone for a week.
- Edit one more time, then put it down. It’ll never feel perfect, and that’s okay. Just let it be.
- Work on something else.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
and tagged creative writing
, writing tips
. Bookmark the permalink